Business Systems Analyst
Are you looking to work in an environment that produces agile and innovative cloud-based solutions to help customers solve workforce time and attendance, talent attraction, and talent management problems? Do you want a position that uses your skills to reinvent and challenge the industry’s perception of Human Capital Management solutions? Are you looking for an organisation that will help to grow and develop your career? If so, at Ceridian Europe you have the opportunity to b...Read more
Are you looking to work in an environment that produces agile and innovative cloud-based solutions to help customers solve workforce time and attendance, talent attraction, and talent management problems? Do you want a position that uses your skills to reinvent and challenge the industry’s perception of Human Capital Management solutions? Are you looking for an organisation that will help to grow and develop your career? If so, at Ceridian Europe you have the opportunity to build, implement or support products that follow a responsive design and gives our clients the ability to interact with their employees anywhere and on any device.
Ceridian Europe creates innovative technology that organisations around the world use to attract, develop, manage and pay their people. Our award-winning Dayforce solution helps our customers effectively manage compliance, track time and attendance, make better decisions, build great teams and drive engagement with their employees.
At Ceridian Europe it’s not just what we do, it’s how we do it to achieve our brand promise, Makes Work Life Better. Our culture fosters the Our Way values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism and Agility. Our dedicated employees work hard in a fun and vibrant environment.
We employ a diverse group of talented colleagues who are driven to excellence and innovation, and who are invested in their own career development. We look for colleagues who are willing to tackle the impossible and create technology solutions that help our customers engage their employees.
As an employer of choice, we offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive, flexible range of benefits, including pension, health & wellbeing options, and leisure & lifestyle programs. Our employees are able to personalize their benefits, tailoring them to meet their individual needs.
R&D at Ceridian is a group of close-knit, cross-functional teams of Developers, QA Analysts, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Test Engineers. Our Payroll team in Europe (primarily based in Glasgow) plays a vital part in our expansion, building, and implementing regionally-specific Dayforce solutions, one country at a time. We are excited to start work on the new modernisation of Dayforce built with the latest in cloud, microservices, and Microsoft technologies, introducing automation, increased flexibility, and responsiveness, and further capitalising on AI.
Reporting to the Payroll Product Owner, we have an opportunity for an English and German-speaking Business System Analyst to join our Payroll team (in-office or remotely) building and delivering a brand new product.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your expertise as a Business Analyst, relationship builder, and innovative consultant to hit the ground running and play a critical role ensuring we step up to the needs and demands of our clients and successfully launch our new Payroll product. You will proactively identify risks, analyse requirements, create solutions, and produce design documents that describe new software features and enhancements within the Dayforce application suite of products with an emphasis on areas requiring technical expertise in Payroll systems.
Who you are:
You may be a Payroll Administrator or Manager and you are looking for a step in the door at a creative and innovative technology company where you can apply your hands-on knowledge to propose cutting edge solutions to complex payroll problems. Or, you are a Business Analyst or Implementation Consultant in HCM or ERP, and you are excited to be part of a brand new build right at the start of the process. Either way, you are fluent in English and German and passionate about bridging the technical with the practical, the design with the experience.
You have expertise working closely with internal stakeholders and end-users to identify business challenges and develop effective strategies to realize visions and increase adoption. You have a creative and process-oriented approach and can implement concepts, ideas, and plans while functioning in a flexible, constantly changing environment. A detailed-oriented collaborator, your focus is accomplishing every milestone while ensuring processes are followed and issues are proactively dealt with.You are ready to roll up your sleeves and work closely across the Agile team.
What's in it for you:
Impact. As part of a group building the next generation of Dayforce products, you will play a role in our trajectory and a key contributor as we design new modules in response to the market. We continuously challenge ourselves to innovate solutions to our customers' problems in ways that will delight them. You will be part of a team that loves to excite the users of their software as much as they love the creativity of coding. You will gain visibility and in-depth, hands-on expertise working on new builds, implementations, enhancements, and support, starting with our Payroll project for Europe with a focus on the user interface design and user experience.
Teamwork. Our inclusive, supportive workplace culture fosters an environment of continuous learning, professional development, collaboration, and a chance to blend in-office and remote working long before and after the COVID-19 crisis. You will be part of a high performing cross-functional team of collaborators driven to delivering high-quality software. We are continually working on moving our solution forward and improving our customer's experience.
Growth. We are a rapidly scaling company with a focus on promoting from within. This is a global organisation with more opportunities than people where we encourage you to express and pursue areas and projects that interest and inspire you. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business and industry-related experience. You will have a chance to expand your hands-on scope of knowledge across multiple modules, work on growing the product to reach new audiences, and move into product or people management.
As our new Business System Analyst, you will:
- Analyse and plan. You will assess impacts on the existing system as new functions are added and proactively identify technical or design flaws so that action can be taken. You will analyse market requirements and produce design documents that describe how new software features and enhancements should function within the Dayforce application suite of products, emphasizing areas requiring technical expertise.
- Collaborate and influence. You will work closely with members of the Product Management and Development teams to translate market requirements into solutions and system designs that align with product development strategy. You will partner with clients, internal stakeholders, and development teams to understand varying user needs to shape the product and the user experience.
- Innovate and lead. You will generate creative solutions, ideas, and approaches to improve on methods used and solve problems. You will ensure that issues and action items are identified, tracked, and resolved in a timely manner. You will lead user acceptance testing processes to ensure that product requirements are fully satisfied and deliver presentations to various internal/external users with varying levels of product knowledge.
What you bring:
- The experience. You are a consultant and a collaborator. You have progressive experience in a BA role working with a range of internal and external stakeholders and end-users to gather requirements, develop a deep understanding of business and technical needs, and create plans, tools, processes, and documentation. You have a depth of knowledge from working directly in HCM, specifically the Payroll module, ideally HR and Workforce Management as well. You can take an idea from concept to reality, creatively using technology, capitalizing on data and insights, and leveraging relationships.
- The technical skills. You have hands-on experience with a range of Payroll tools and processes as well as a product management tool. You have exposure across the full Microsoft Suite and you may have worked on teams building products for Azure Cloud Services.
- The Agile approach. You have expertise following an Agile Scrum methodology. You have experience planning activities with complex dependencies within and across teams. A forward thinker, you continually strive to improve the tools, technologies, and approaches used to exceed customer expectations.
- The interpersonal skills. You are fluent in English and German. You can influence teams and earn trust with your hands-on technical expertise and your willingness to roll up your sleeves to help solve challenging problems in a fast-paced environment. You can confidently build networks and nurture relationships within teams, with peers, clients, and senior leadership. You have outstanding communication, negotiation, and prioritisation skills. You can balance wants and requirements, generate consensus, pivot to respond to needs, and work through ambiguity.
- The flexibility. You have a valid passport and are willing to travel in a limited capacity, once restrictions and circumstances around the Covid-19 pandemic change.
Our Culture, Our Values
At Ceridian, our values - Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility - are built on a robust framework, guided by an engaged leadership and brought to life by the innovative, enthusiastic people who make up our diverse teams. This is a place where you can commit, express your ideas through engagement surveys and forms, and gain recognition.
We make work life better for you.
At Ceridian, we foster a workplace where our people can thrive, grow, and reach new levels of success together. We give you the freedom and the technology to make the right scheduling choices to balance your life. In addition, we provide you with financial rewards including a stock purchase plan, talent development programs, comprehensive benefits, paid days off to volunteer, and an unlimited Time Away From Work Program.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ceridian Europe is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. When your interview is being scheduled, please advise the Ceridian Europe Recruiter of how we might be able to support your participation.
Ceridian Europe is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, national origin, or religion.