Senior Business Analyst
Who We Are
The Create team leverages a creative approach and quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions that impact the customer experience in order to create the best possible customer experience through designing journeys to enable us to provide the highest level of care. This team is highly cross-functional and highly visible to senior leadership, solving the most complex problems from any part of the operations. The Create team is an internal team that acts as a lighthouse for the wider business, that seeks to make improve...Read more
Who We Are
The Create team leverages a creative approach and quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions that impact the customer experience in order to create the best possible customer experience through designing journeys to enable us to provide the highest level of care. This team is highly cross-functional and highly visible to senior leadership, solving the most complex problems from any part of the operations. The Create team is an internal team that acts as a lighthouse for the wider business, that seeks to make improvements by shining the light on the true customer experience, learning from the good and the bad and driving change through people allocation, processes, and technology. The team is cross-functional in their approach, working with teams such as R&D, Transportation & Logistics, Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning, etc. in order to drive impactful change that benefits the customer.
What You'll Do
- Analyze inbound call/email/chat data and conduct user research to root cause customer pain points.
- Identify and quantify opportunities with customer anxiety around Delivery Process
- Design solutions to mitigate customer anxiety by providing clearer messaging in various customer facing interfaces (e.g. checkout, track package page, order confirmation email) in partnership with Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Develop capability to proactively identify post-purchase issues (e.g. damage, lost, schedule exception) with Supply Chain partners and design proactive service model
- Develop new ideas to “Wow” the customer and measure their effectiveness, such as Virtual Assistant predicting his/her intent and providing customized solution in his/her preferred channel
- Provide performance transparency by building performance dashboards (i.e. Data Studio, Looker, Connected Sheets etc.)
- Develop data visualizations, including reports, dashboards, and analyses to distribute data insights in an easily digestible manner to all relevant stakeholders and integration partners.
- Shape the workstream roadmap and recommend improvements by analyzing data from our live calls, identifying the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Recommend product improvements based on data analysis from our live products in collaboration with partners in Business, Product, Engineering, UX, and more, identifying the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of diverse business operations experience working in a cross-functional, global team setting
- Strong technical aptitude and business acumen with demonstrated experience leveraging data from a multitude of sources to solve complex problems, tell a story and impact the overarching strategy
- Will to drive new initiatives and ability to drive multiple threads of work to completion
- Extremely collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Exceptional written, visual and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge in using TSQL, GCP, GBQ, Excel VBA, R, Python or other languages
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses and advanced analytical skills and technical proficiency in tools such as BigQuery, Data Studio, Looker, Excel and a demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- Possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Experience presenting business cases to senior leadership
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced data driven environment
- Skilled critical thinker; someone who looks to data for answers and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.