Senior Director of Software Services
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succ...Read more
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
As the Senior Director of Software Services, you will plan, lead and deliver strategic software projects within CommScope’s telecommunications service environment. This position can be located virtually in the United State, United Kingdom or India. Other global locations will be considered.
In this role you will provide leadership and management of cross-functional teams comprised of multi-disciplined team members. Plan, conduct, and facilitate work in adherence to customer requirements. You’ll provide leadership and mentoring to members of a global staff, as well as strong customer management in negotiations, communication and relationship building.
- Perform planning, tracking, and reporting of program initiatives. Maintain project metrics, communicating project status, issues, and requirements both verbally and in writing.
- Manage a regional workforce: Identify candidates for growth, quickly identify personnel issues and react decisively.
- Coordinate complex project scheduling activities including identifying project task dependencies and resource requirements and assessing project risks/mitigation strategies. Interface with key customers to achieve project goals.
- Responsible for budgeting, capital appropriations, and project cost estimating.
- Work with customer and internal technical resources to complete deployment of projects.
- Serve as key escalation point for all technical and customer issues.
- Support sales with growth of the software services business
Qualified candidates in this role will have extensive experience in the management and financial control of complex and inter-dependent software projects and programs. The candidate will also have a breadth of telecom business understanding including knowledge of the functions involved in Network Function Virtualization (NFV) Engineering, Software Defined Networking (SDN), Open Radio Area Network (ORAN) Engineering, including Network Cloud Operations, and Technical Services. The ideal candidate will have exceptional telecoms business understanding and will be able to demonstrate previous success in delivering increased organizational effectiveness and efficiency through process change programs. They will have the flexibility to travel at least 25% internationally as business needs dictate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years in telecommunications or related industry
- Minimum 10 years’ experience building and managing a high-performance software technical team of 25 or more staff supporting customer product assurance.
- Expert knowledge of software services and metric tracking for global programs
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Project Management experience
- Technical understanding of integrated project delivery in the following areas: Agile Software Delivery, CI/CD, Cloud Infrastructure Technology (Private, Public & Hybrid), SDN/NFV/ORAN, Orchestration, Open Source Software, and Software Quality.
- Great communicator and customer facing relationship skills.
- Ability to travel at least 25%
- PMP Certification or Prince2 preferred
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Segment: Telecom, Telecommunications, Developer, Manager, Engineer, Technology, Management, Engineering