Spanish Language Specialist
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate,...Read more
As a trusted global transformation partner, Welocalize accelerates the global business journey by enabling brands and companies to reach, engage, and grow international audiences. Welocalize delivers multilingual content transformation services in translation, localization, and adaptation for over 250 languages with a growing network of over 77,000 in-country linguistic resources. Driving innovation in language services, Welocalize delivers high-quality training data transformation solutions for NLP-enabled machine learning by blending technology and human intelligence to collect, annotate, and evaluate all content types. Our team works across locations in North America, Europe, and Asia serving our global clients in the markets that matter to them. www.welocalize.com
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership for this position:
· Be a subject matter expert for linguistic issues in the target language; be able to research and resolve linguistic questions
· Assist in defining and support linguistic teams in adhering to project-specific quality standards and procedures, including linguistic conventions, data specifications, and work surface best practices.
· Drive active engagement by locale-specific teammates to meet project throughput goals and delivery milestones
· Consult with NLP teams to identify language-specific patterns for implementation in QC and data processing tools
· Coordinating jobs within a defined team, monitor capacity and make resourcing proposals/decisions
· Preparing, managing and maintaining the linguistic guidelines and reference materials up to the quality standards and up to date as required by the account or project
· Train linguistic teams, provide day-to-day team management, perform quality oversight and participate directly in performing tasks related to, but not limited to:
· Transcreation or generation from prompts new utterances and intent markers from English to target language.
· Creation of semantic and syntactic variations of utterance and intents that comply with linguistic and data diversity guidelines.
· Development and augmentation of lists of domain-specific and locale-specific terminology and apply these to AI data to enhance diversity.
· Annotation of data sets using client labels and taxonomies.
· Iterate on data deliverables based on test score provided by client, leading implementation of generalized and specific feedback
· Manage project related queries
· Testing and qualifying of new freelancers and vendors as required
· Complete assigned tasks in a quality and timely manner.
· Provide support to the production team in the QC process for client deliveries.
· Provide quality review of other resources’ work for ongoing training and development, flagging issues immediately to production management team.
· Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in data generation for machine learning (annotation, utterance creation, triggers, intents).
· Ability to produce flawless data (translated content and creatively generated content) with no editing or proofreading.
· Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience performing translation from English to the target language.
· Knowledge of and ability to localize measures, currencies and other conventions to local standard.
· Experience with transcreation (ability to take a phrase in English and express in in multiple locally-fluent ways that maintain the intention of the phrase while varying the syntax, vocabulary and usage) and/or software localization experience is ideal.
· Ability to imagine how people in the local market from a wide range of demographics might interact with a customer service chatbot in written format.
· Native-level fluency in designated language and English.
· Significant cultural understanding of locale.
· Strong terminology research skills.
· Familiarity with a wide range of subject matter domains: IT, HR, CSM.
· Familiarity working in automated, KPI centric, testing platforms.
· Strong practical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (or equivalent MAC or OpenOffice) and various browsers
· Basic knowledge of PC-hardware (desktop and laptop)
Hours: Based on the projects
Pay Rate: $25 USD
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a college or university in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Be organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Candidates with Localization/QA/translation experience are preferred
· Ability to work with tight deadlines.
· Ability to give clear, concise and constructive feedback
· Ability to coordinate internal and external linguists. Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, linguists
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
· exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability and willingness to train/teach others and pass on knowledge.
· Ability, willingness and experience in communicating positively with customers at various levels
· Fast learner, motivated, versatile
· Ability to work with a remote team